Just letting you know that we received our crests today and we're delighted. They're beautiful! By way of evaluation of the kit, we would submit the following:
- The Famous Canadian Women kit was used by our older Girl Guide ladies group (Trefoil Guild) at our fall camp/retreat last weekend. Because it wasn't a girl event, our focus might have been slightly different but none-the-less, we found plenty of great activities in the program.
- What did you like about the kit? It was packed with many activities for all ages and the activities were easily adaptable to our ladies' abilities and interests.
- What parts interested you most? We had fun learning about the 18 famous women. Each participant was assigned one of the women before camp so they could research and prepare a presentation. You should have seen the costumes! We also used the blueberry maple scone recipe and a couple of the trivia style games.
- What parts did you find most helpful? The whole kit was well laid out and we liked the cross-reference of the activities to the various women.
- What parts didn't interest you? We didn't use the crafts or the pencil/paper activities. However, we recognized that they would be excellent for younger age groups.
- What parts do you think could be improved? Nothing comes to mind.
- What parts could be removed? None - there is lots of variety depending on the age group who uses the kit.
- What do you think could be added? We added a round table presentation where each of our participants brought something to share about a famous or not so famous woman who personally shaped their lives. While you might think that most women might say it was their mother, it wasn't the case at all. There were lots of tears and laughter during that activity!
- Would you recommend the kit to a friend? Definitely
- Based on the comments we received during and after the retreat, I would rate this kit as a 10. We all enjoyed the focus provided by the challenge kit and we all came away knowing that we had learned something new. Thanks for putting this kit together. It was great!
Thanks, Beth Dreger
The crests were delivered today and they look good.
Your patches are just the best. We really love the product!